Those of us with school age children know that it’s just about time for that two-week winter break from school. Parent to parent, we both know that it’s not going to be long before the kids have played their hearts out and are bored asking us for things to do.
With that in mind, I present to you easy, oral health related crafts to help pass the time this winter break.
At any age, your child can make a Tooth Fairy Toilet Paper Roll craft.
Supplies: toilet paper tube, blank or construction paper, crayons, scissors and glue.
1. Have your child draw wings, a face, hands and hair on the construction paper.
2. Cut them out and glue them to the toilet paper tube.
See, easy peasy! The kids will love that they were able to create their own, one of a kind tooth fairy.
If your child is close to losing their teeth, a Tooth Keeper is just the craft for them!
Supplies: empty match box, paper, glue and anything else your child would like to use to decorate their box. I suggest glitter, sequins, or buttons.
1. Help your child cut the paper so it will wrap around the match box.
2. Allow them to decorate the paper however they want.
3. Glue the paper to the matchbox!
Now they have their very own special container to hold those loose teeth for the tooth fairy.
Remember, during craft time you can take the opportunity to remind your children of the importance of taking care of their teeth.