Mother’s Day is May 11. What are you planning to make mom’s day special?
Here are some ideas to put a big smile on her face!
1. Breakfast in bed: How about letting mom sleep in for once? You could also bring her breakfast in bed – just don’t spill crumbs on her sheets!
2. Make a card: Moms love handmade gifts – even if you’re a big kid. Make her a card, knit her a scarf, or paint a picture frame.
3. Create a favorite dessert: What says, “I love you” better than chocolate brownies?
4. Participate in an activity mom enjoys: Take her to a movie (let her pick), go golfing or hiking. Enjoy your time together.
5. Clean her house: Dust, vacuum, or clean out the garage. Do all the chores you never did as a kid.
6. Collect old pictures: Gather fun family pictures and create a new scrapbook or digital photo album. Share the memories together.
7. Do some laundry: She probably remembers the thousands of loads of laundry she’s done for you over the years, even if you don’t! Return the favor for her.
8. Treat her to spa day: She’d love a massage, facial or manicure. Better yet, get her all three!
9. Call her: Yes, she knows how to text and tweet. But how about letting her hear your voice for a change?
10. Say thank you: Tell her how much you appreciate all she’s done for you. She’ll love you even more!
11. Brush your teeth and floss without needing to be asked. We just had to add this in. She’ll love that you didn’t need her to remind you.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!