Pre-treatment dental estimates (also called pre-determination of benefits) can help you do just that.
These dental estimates are created and submitted by your dentist, giving your benefits carrier (that’s us) time to review what’s needed before the work starts. Pre-treatment dental estimates also provide you with a blueprint to properly budget for your procedure.
Reasons to get a pre-treatment dental estimate:
- You’re planning to have extensive dental work, such as crowns, wisdom teeth extractions, bridges, dentures or periodontal surgery.
- To see if a procedure is covered under your dental plan.
- To make sure you’re not going to exceed your annual maximum allowance.
Before you schedule any extensive dental treatment, ask your dentist for a detailed cost estimate and wait for your benefits carrier to send out a final estimate.
That way you’ll know:
- How much your plan will pay toward treatment
- Your out-of-pocket financial responsibility
- The amount remaining toward your deductible (if applicable), and
- How close you are to your benefit maximum
Remember, coverage details will differ depending on your benefit provider and your specific plan. If you’re a Delta Dental of Virginia subscriber, log into your account to get more details on your plan.