Today is World Kindness Day, a day encouraging individuals to overlook boundaries, race and religion. So, to honor the kindness movement, here are our top 20 ideas on making someone smile.
1. Bring healthy treats to work.
2. Let someone cut in during rush hour traffic. (I know, that’s a hard one.)
3. Let a person know you really appreciate them.
4. Visit a retirement center.
5. Fill up your spouse’s car with gas.
6. Leave a thank-you note for the cleaning staff at work.
7. Put a dime in a stranger’s parking meter before the time expires.
8. Bake a cake for a neighbor.
9. Donate clothing to a charity.
10. Give blood.
11. Offer free baby-sitting to a friend who’s really busy or just needs a break.
12. Help your neighbor rake leaves or shovel snow.
13. Ask to see a store’s manager and comment on the great service.
14. Wave to a child in the car next to you.
15. Ask someone if they need you to pick up anything while you’re out shopping.
16. Ask a child to play a board game, and let them win.
17. Ask an elderly person to tell you about the good old days, and listen!
18. Dance with someone who hasn’t been asked.
19. Figure out someone’s half-birthday by adding 182 days, and surprise him or her with a cake.
20. Smile yourself.
We hope you’ll take time to do one of these things today on World Kindness Day. And it’s not just for that other person. Helping someone else makes you feel good too. So make someone smile today!