If you’re a Virginia elementary school teacher or nurse, our Smart Smiles In School kit is a free, fun and effortless way to teach your students about dental health.
Our Smart Smiles In School oral health teaching kit, developed with input from teachers and school nurses, provides a turnkey curriculum, complete with teaching tools and resources to educate your students on good oral health habits. The curriculum is separated into 2 grade levels (K-2 and 3-5), follows the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOLs), and addresses the important aspects children need to know about their oral health and how to develop healthy habits for life.
The Smart Smiles In School program includes:
- 6 stand-alone lessons with DVD for K-Grade 2
- 5 stand-alone experiential lessons for Grades 3-5
- Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) for each lesson
- Interactive learning opportunities with a giant tooth model & toothbrush
- Student activity sheets
- DVD and music CD to reinforce the lessons
- Children’s books
Learn more about Smart Smiles In School or reserve a kit now so you’ll have it in time for Children’s Dental Health Month in February. The kits are available on loan free of charge to all Virginia elementary schools.