Right now, it can be a confusing time if your dental office is preparing to reopen for elective and non-emergency dental services. We want to help you and your office navigate the uncertainty by providing a list of the most up-to-date resources, guidelines, and recommendations that have been very fluid and often change day-to-day.
For now, the best recommendation is to use good common sense and communicate with your patients and staff early and often. Start by using your website, social media platforms, and any other communication channels you have to keep everyone informed on a daily basis.
American Dental Association (ADA) Continued Guidance for Dental Offices Reopening CLICK HERE
American Dental Association (ADA) Center for Dentists CLICK HERE
American Dental Association (ADA) webinar on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Guidance for Dental Settings from May 27, 2020 CLICK HERE
- Describe patient and personnel screening for COVID-19.
- Explain dental facility and equipment considerations as dental practices resume non-emergency care.
- Review respiratory protection measures for dental personnel.
American Dental Association (ADA) “Return to Work Interim Guidance Toolkit” CLICK HERE
- A sample letter to patients
- Guidance on pre-appointment screening
- In-office patient registration procedures
- Reception area preparation strategies
- Chairside checklist
- Staff protection strategies
- Supplies shopping list
For the American Dental Association (ADA) “Return to Work Guidance Toolkit,” CLICK HERE.
OSHA Guidance for Dentistry Workers CLICK HERE
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) Guidance for Dental Settings CLICK HERE
- Dental settings have unique characteristics that warrant specific infection control considerations.
- Prioritize the most critical dental services and provide care in a way that minimizes harm to patients from delaying care and harm to personnel from potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Proactively communicate to both personnel and patients the need for them to stay at home if sick.
- Know the steps to take if a patient with COVID-19 symptoms enters your facility.
Dr. Bicuspid and All-Star Dental Academy Downloadable “Roadmap to Practice Recovery” CLICK HERE
A free resource that offers comprehensive guidance for dental practices to help them manage the transition from lockdown to normal operations.
Video: All-Star Dental Academy – Navigating a Crisis, what to do with your patients and employees CLICK HERE
If your office has questions about this information, coverage or anything else, do not hesitate to contact us.