Savor the flavors of the season with this quick, colorful salad. Creamy avocados, peppery arugula and naturally sweet mango make for a refreshing combination.
This nutrient powerhouse is also a secret stress-buster. Potassium and omega-3 in avocados and folate in arugula can help reduce stress that causes gum disease, canker sores and other oral health problems.
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 large mango, sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse arugula and place it in a large salad bowl.
- Top with mango, avocado, chicken and pine nuts.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, agave, chili powder and cumin to make dressing. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the cilantro-lime dressing mixture on the salad.
- Serve fresh and enjoy!