We all know that a balanced diet is the key to helping our children stay sustained (and entertained) at school. It helps them build healthy bodies and grow big and strong. So, we’ve pulled together some tips about packing your little ones’ lunches.
5 Tips to Keep in Mind:
1. Serve your child a variety of healthy foods. Think fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
2. Notice when your child eats foods with sugar or starch in them. Pack these foods sparingly.
3. Serve sugary or starchy foods with a meal rather than by themselves.
4. Read food labels. Avoid food with added sugar.
5. Beware of sticky foods, such as chewy candy.
Click here for a larger version of the graphic above.